December 7-10, 2017
This training has been developed for musicians and music pedagogues from all cultural backgrounds who wish to increase their ability to work towards the social inclusion of refugees and migrants, specific to the German context.
The following skills and subjects are addressed in the training:
– Community music approaches to singing, (body) percussion, movement, songwriting
– Trust-building and teamwork
– Feedback, evaluation and self-reflection
– Basic trauma awareness
– Nonviolent communication and building empathy between participants
– Nonverbal techniques for music making
– Creativity and improvisation
– Constructing a series of workshops and a community event
Trainers: Marion Haak-Schulenburg (Berlin) and Hanno Tomassen (Utrecht, the Netherlands). The training will be held in German and English.
Price: 122,- Euro for students up to 25 years / 172,- Euro for adults.
Accommodation in double rooms, extra charge for single rooms: 15,- Euro/night.
Due to the support of the Ministry for Culture of North Rhine Westfalia, participants only have to pay for accommodation and board.
Further information and application: https://www.landesmusikakademie-nrw.de/kurse/#projekte