From Woman to Woman produced a pool of trained local workshop leaders to lead music and dance workshops and activities with women who are still haunted by traumatic experiences of violence, dislocation and loss of loved ones during the ethnic ‘cleansing’ especially in the Srebrenica region. Parallel with the didactic/ artistic/ therapeutic training, the project focused on creating a local project management team with skills in organization, logistics, public relations, communication and fundraising.
The following activities were planned between May 2013 – May 2014 in order to achieve the objectives of the project:
- Build upon the pilot projects that MwB has already implemented together with Snaga Žene, the local partner, and further train the women who volunteered for these projects and who wish to be involved as choir singers;
- Recruit additional local professional musicians and provide training for them;
- Recruit other women singers for the choir and/or collaborate with other existing choirs;
- Together with the choir members, establish a repertoire and record performances in order to promote them through different networks and social media outlets;
- Conduct weekly workshops connected with Snaga Žene’s activities in Srebrenica and Potočari, introducing music and movement therapy.