Community Music Training at Landesmusikakademie NRW · June 2022
This training has been developed for musicians and music teachers who wish to develop their skills to contribute to social inclusion in Germany. This training week is organized jointly by Musicians Without Borders and the IN.DI.E Music project of the Landesmusikakademie NRW.
The following skills and topics are covered in the training:
- Community music based approaches in the field of singing, (body) percussion, movement, songwriting,
- The five working principles of our music leadership methodology – safety, inclusion, equality, creativity, quality – and how you can apply them to your musical practice,
- Insight into the biological, social and psychological effects of music on our nervous system,
- Feedback, assessment and self-reflection,
- Techniques of making music in groups without the use of language,
- Creativity and improvisation.
Read more at the official training page on the website of Landesmusikakademie NRW.
The training is held in Heek, Germany and will be in German and English.
June 20 to June 24, 2022
- €187 for students up to 25 years,
- €247 for adults.
Accommodation in double rooms, extra charge for single rooms: €15 per night. Thanks to the support of the Ministry for Culture of North Rhine Westfalia, participants only have to pay for accommodation and board.