This expert meeting invites artists and arts organizations who are interested or involved in using the arts towards the inclusion of refugees and migrants in Europe. The following presenters include:
- Darren Abrahams: Crisis Classroom www.crisisclassroom.com
- Laura Hassler, Director, Musicians without Borders and co-founder of platform Art.27 https://art27.art/
- Bastian Holze, Berlin: Begegnungschor Berlin www.begegnungschor.com
- Ursula Kerkmann and Beate Glombek, Cologne: Language Development by Singing in Primary Schools
- Zainab Lax, Bielefeld: Community-based music therapy project www.music-bridge.com
- Maren Lueg, Hagen: Practical experiences gained in professional ensemble work with classical Western and Syrian musicians
- Thomas Richardt (author) and Mohanad Jackmoor (director), Münsterland: Heimat X – regional and refugee artists‘ tandems with multidisciplinary topics www.heimatx.de
- Matthias Rietschel, Essen: the Übehaus Kray e.V. and its effect of reducing xenophobia in young parents https://uebehaus.de/
More information and full schedule available here.
This meeting was developed and planned in cooperation between the Landesmusikakademie NRW and Musicians without Borders and made possible by funds of the Ministry of Culture and Science of Northrine-Westphalia.