We would like to share with you a short update on our Palestine Community Music activities from January-July 2017.
- 2.850 children, ages 3-16, 264 of them with special needs, participated in our music
- Halimeh, our deaf workshop leader from Bethlehem, gave 106 music workshops to deaf
children and children with special needs.
- We created the music theater performance ‘Fe Beit Fe Holanda’ in which Dutch and
Palestinian musicians cooperated to deliver a series of music workshops and interactive
performances. Watch the short video about ‘Fe Beit Fe Holanda’ here.
- We started a new cycle of the year-long Music as Therapy course with six new trainees.
- We arranged logistics for several volunteers, professional musicians, who supported our
local team and project partner Sounds of Palestine.
- We trained the staff of our project partner Sounds of Palestine, a program that combines music and social work and delivers music education programs to 260 children for free. Sounds of Palestine’s children gave ten performances so far this year, including a performance at the Netherlands Representative Office in Ramallah for King’s Day, a performance to welcome the new mayor of Beit Sahour, and several family concerts.
Watch and listen to ‘Love People’, sung by 1000 children including children from Sounds of
For pictures and stories from the field, please visit our news page about Palestine Community Music.